Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Mar-24 16:13:00
Subject:Re: Thumbnail ¿Q?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Thumbnail ¿Q? Landis 2005-Mar-24 16:13:00
>Is it possible to send a selfmade thumbnail?
>It should be a special part of my day-and night-panorama.
>
>-Helmut

We don't have information posted on this because in general it's
easier for us to make them than to make sure everyone meets the
proper format.

But IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A SPECIAL THUMBNAIL that is not created off
of your opening shot (makes a lot of sense for a panorama like yours)
then this is what we'd need:

JPEG, 200px wide, *HEIGHT DETERMINED BY VIEWING ASPECT RATIO*, must
be representative of your panorama submission (please don't send me a
logo and tell me to just use that).

For the height: if, on your contribution page, you specify that the
panorama is 570x320 (see the gray 'admin info' box at the bottom)
then your thumbnail would be 200x112.

Email that to me (#removed#).

For those of you who choose to submit 'SAVE-DISABLED' panoramas,
sending me a thumbnail would be nice because I have to do screen
captures on those.

For all the rest, I have an automated process that creates these
thumbnails after the close of submissions - so no worries about
providing your own.

Thanks,
Landis