Sender:Hoyle Koontz - Technipix
Date/Time:2005-Apr-19 14:31:00
Subject:Re: Adobe to buy Macromedia - So what ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Adobe to buy Macromedia - So what ? Hoyle Koontz - Technipix 2005-Apr-19 14:31:00
>>Interesting figures Dave, but I'm assuming they got their figures
>>from a Macromedia press release!
>>Simon

>I believe it is a mistake to believe that just because the
>information is from Macromedia, that it is not accurate. Thanks to
>the iPod, QT usage has increased a great deal in the past couple of
>years, but still, less than 60% of web surfers are ready to view
>QTVR. And, you cannot count on the web surfer to be using java. These
>are facts. The only misleading figure is that Flash is at 98.2% <--
>it is true, but includes all old versions. The percentage of surfers
>prepared to see content only viewable under the latest Flash plugin
>release is lower, but still higher than Java.
>
>Ray Broussard

This begs me to ask the question. . . "Why are there no Flash-based spherical viewers out there?"  Chances are we've all seen the 3rd party Flash apps that allow for cylindrical viewing, but they don't hold water to QTVR or Java with regard to quality.  Macromedia Director has the capability to produce Shockwave-based spherical viewing. . . but why not Flash?  Any insight?
Hoyle Koontz