Sender:Cédric Simon
Date/Time:2005-Jun-08 13:29:00
Subject:Re: Coolpix 4500 and Nikon E-8 Fisheye lens

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Coolpix 4500 and Nikon E-8 Fisheye lens Cédric Simon 2005-Jun-08 13:29:00
Hello there,

this is the exact combination I use. I am satisfied with the results,
I now exclusively shoot handheld (no monopod, no bubble level, no
nothing) 6 shots, 4 + 2. The fe2 mode is not usable for me, as it is
not wide enough AND I don't know how to focus properly with this mode.

So I just zoom in, and get a fov of 110 on the small side.
To be able to reproduce the level of zoom I got, put yourself in "A"
mode, zoom out, turn the dial to get f2.6, and zoom in until you reach
something around f3.2 or f3.3. This is my amount of zoom.

Results here: http://www.cedricsimon.com/panos

I am quite happy with the sharpness I can get sometimes, maybe the
best one I got (as long as sharpness is concerned) is the
"Place du March?, B?le, Suisse" in the "Tourisme" section.

I've seen many people saying that anyway, the fc-e8 is bad, only good
for 400x300, I don't agree !!

--
Cedric simon
www.cedricsimon.com

--- In #removed#, "Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock" <#removed#>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a Nikon CP 4500 with an E-8 fisheye lens. Thanks to Dave
Albright from 360Texas.com . I have managed to get mine just about
right and I would like, I am not been rude, to compare measurements.
Does any body else uses this combination?