Sender:Kat Kalamaras
Date/Time:2004-Oct-10 16:47:00

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Kat Kalamaras 2004-Oct-10 16:47:00
> I have never, not once seen a photographer photoing the panorama.
> His movie is very interesting. Then, If possible, I want to link
> the panorama which Landis photoed in that place. for learning...
>
> Before setting a camera to a tripod, did he take a photograph?
>
>   Mika
Hello Mika, currently we don't have a pano from that spot I picked out.
  We have two cameras and I used the good one for my movie while Landis
used a film SLR for demonstration.  I have been thinking about going
back to create that pano, unfortunately I have had little time.  You'll
be the first person I email when I do get it together sometime in the
future.  I would like to help anyone I can with learning about VR
Photography.

> Well done Kat ....  and Landis ! Funny and interesting.
> I just notice that the warning about the file size is wrong : it is 3
> Mb instead
> of 13 and took only 17 minutes to download here ;-)
>
> Romuald
Thank you, Romuald.
The small version is 3MB and the larger external version is 13MB.  I'm
sorry it took so long to download.  It took me me quite a bit of
editing to get the movie down to 3.  Object movies are new to me and I
just recently discovered a better way to compress.  I hope to make the
external movie smaller in the near future.  As stated above I haven't
really had the time to hammer out the compression.
>  Funny and interesting.
I just love it when Landis ducks down to get his shadow out of the
movie.  I know that has to look even better when we are both working on
the same pano.  I think that's what inspired me.  Both of us rotating
around the tripod and ducking at the same time.  It has to look a bit
off to people passing by.

> Hi Kat,
>
> You and Landis must have been on the move the whole day! Your panorama
> from this bridge whereas Landis in the night! Man I do have to admire
> your devotion to it!
>
> Sam
That was a really busy weekend from helping Ryan Galt to an evening on
the Headlands onto a foot bridge in Petaluma.  We are just dedicated
panographers I guess.  Actually, we just love going places to take as
many photos as possible.  It may have something to do with our
geography background and wanderlust.

We really enjoy this community of photographers and want everyone to
know about the WWP.  All of the panos are thoughtful and creative.  The
work everyone puts into this project is impressive.  Every participant
deserves accolades!  Vivat WWP!

~Kat