Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Sep-22 01:02:00
Subject:Re: QuickTimeVR authoring studio

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QuickTimeVR authoring studio Landis 2005-Sep-22 01:02:00
>Does anybody knows is Apple planning to update QuickTimeVR authoring
>studio any time soon. I am still using it, with G5 dual in the
>classic mode and it is woprking quite good, but enough is enough.
>Anybody?

This question crops up once or twice a year.

The answer is 'highly doubtful'.  Apple has had an in-house multi-row
stitcher for years, but the managers don't seem to want to finish it
off.  There are currently a number of commercial packages that do
work very well and I think we should probably support those.

Of course I'm saying that while QTVRAS is stitching away in Classic
mode in the background (I actually think it works better under
Classic than it did in OS 9).

-Landis