Sender:Dave 360texas.com
Date/Time:2005-Oct-10 16:02:00
Subject:Re: OFF TOPIC Help PTgui Nikkor 10.5 lens setting

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: OFF TOPIC Help PTgui Nikkor 10.5 lens setting Dave 360texas.com 2005-Oct-10 16:02:00
Hi Bo,

I just helped a D1X friend of mine this morning.  Yoost also
returned my email.
----------- Joost email
Lens parameters should be set to:

fullframe
130 degrees (landscape orientation) or
90 degrees (portrait).

That's all, workflow is the same regardless the lens type.
------------
My friend just tried it using a 12 (probably could use 6) image tif
set. No naidr or zenith.

Load the tiff images and let PTgui 5.x find the control points and
stitch the final image.
------------
I suspect if you shot the zenith and nadir you would have to cube
the panorama and insert the top and bottom in Photoshop.
============
After stitching the images these are the PTgui values found in the
ADVANCED TAB

Nikon D1x
Lens 10.5 FE

Lens Setting Tab
Lens type FULL FRAME
Hfov: 86.5235 (Joost recommended starting with 90)
Focal length and EXIF - not used
a: -.0521734
b: -.017572754
c: -0.007695940

Panorama Settings Tab
Projection Equirectangular
Field of View: 360 (hor.) x 133.674682 (vert)

Crop Tab
Cropping:
left:0,
right :1960,