Sender:tom
Date/Time:2005-Oct-14 11:37:00
Subject:Re: Types of energy most recorded

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Types of energy most recorded tom 2005-Oct-14 11:37:00
>I had some challenges shooting the Altamont Pass Windfarm and learned
>a lot along the way. I couldn't get any response to my requests for
>permission to shoot there so after an alternative idea didn't produce
>an acceptable pano I just decided to go and see what I could do from
>public property. Unfortunately I couldn't get very close to an actual
>windmill on the public roads.

Hi all,
I also experienced some road blocks getting permission for location shooting.
A wind farm in southern Vermont contracted with a public relations group who
cited environmental regulation as the reason to deny access. Also a wood chip
power plant in Burlington Vt. used 911 / security as their reason. All this after
many phone calls with mid level management and administrative assistants
not to mention much time.  I'm not surprised what with the current climate
of what seems to me to be - trickle down secrecy - from our leaders and
the ambience of fear in our culture. There's some good news here thou.  The
shot made of the small water power plant came with one phone call granting
permission. This after a high level strategy meeting with my inner child
decided to rethink the subject matter for the shoot.

Go figuer.

(a link to the pano)
http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/view/wwp905/html/TomPollak.html

Tom