Sender:Ken Stuart
Date/Time:2005-Oct-15 06:18:00
Subject:Re: Some great entries in this event !

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Some great entries in this event ! Ken Stuart 2005-Oct-15 06:18:00
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the compliments on my panorama of the cyclists. The sound file
you included with your factory panorama makes for a rather good addition to
the visual aspect. BTW, welcome to the WWP! :-)

Being that I am a member of the bike club used in my pano, it really wasn't
hard to get cooperation and make the shot. I suppose making a hard shot look
easy is the way professionals make a living, but I'm not a professional
photographer and it really was easy -- I just made an announcement (that I
was making a photo for the web site) before the ride started and got
everyone in a circle around the camera. I shot the scene twice for good
measure in just a couple minutes, so no great delay for the riders.

Actually, it would have taken more time to get everyone in a perfect circle,
but then the panorama wouldn't be as interesting. The way it is now, the
"circle" expands and contracts so some cyclists are further away than others
as the panorama rotates, keeping it a little more interesting. The club
webmaster put the pano on the club's home page, and may put up an
"unwrapped" still image for people who don't yet have QuickTime, so all the
participants are visible at the same time.

-Ken