Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-May-04 21:53:00
Subject:Re: 6 feet overhead

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 6 feet overhead Hans Nyberg 2006-May-04 21:53:00
On 4/5-2006, at 20.29, olivier satnet wrote:

> I have PTGUI for PC but have MacG5 and wish be abble to do similar
> with PTMAC ....
>
> just to know relation between Ptmac or PTgui

PTMac uses auto controlpoins based on  the original autostitch SIFT by
Matthew Brown and David Lowe
patented in US. http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/mb/mb.html
It does not work very well with Fisheyes but works fine for multirow
from standard lenses.

PTGui has developed his own version which is much improved and works
fantastic even with full 180 degree fisheyes.
If this is OK because he is in Europe I do not know. He has no
information on his page about licensing the SIFT

I think we should ask this guy why he is not improving the technology.
If Joost can why can he not.

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html
Q: Does Autostitch support fisheye images?
A:The demo version of Autostitch does not explicitly support fisheye
images (it assumes that straight lines are preserverd). Having said
that, the results will probably be OK if there is plenty of overlap and
not too much distortion.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer