Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jun-21 00:45:00
Subject:Re: Gardens - A World Wide Panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Gardens - A World Wide Panorama Caroling Geary 2006-Jun-21 00:45:00
Today's musings are about a panorama I thought I bagged, but when I
got home, I discovered the card wasn't in the camera.

The subject was a modest landscaping at the entry to the hospital, a
medical center. It's between a vast parking lot and a road for
patient drop off and pick up. So there are sounds of people coming
and going, traffic,  and birds from the surrounding woods visiting
the small garden. I would usually hardly notice such ordinary
plantings, but it was a solace, as I was coming and going for months.
I noticed the blooms and sat on the benches. I stopped to read the
plaque that declared this garden a memorial to September 11, 2001,
when several people from the hospital staff volunteered to go to
Ground Zero. Also several victims of the World Trade Center crash
were treated at the hospital. It's close, like a suburb of New York.
This added to the personal meaning of the area for me.
I'm not sure if I'll try again. I'm not sure if the dull building
dominating the scene would overpower the small plantings. Or would
the flares of color prove their worth in the photographs? I suspect I
would not be able to convey the personal intensity I feel for the
area in a panorama.

By the way, I seem to remember being in the Berkeley Rose Garden at
sunset. With the sun setting beyond the Golden Gate Bridge and
seeming to illuminate the roses as the rays skipped rosily across the
waves of water of the bay.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net