Sender:Tom! Striewisch
Date/Time:2006-Sep-30 17:17:00
Subject:Re: OT: Photokina

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: OT: Photokina Tom! Striewisch 2006-Sep-30 17:17:00
Hello!

>There's a group of pano enthusiasts covering the event right now in
>360 degrees.  Check out http://photokina.ivrpa.org.

I was there two times (at Hall 05.1, iirc)

Visiting is well worth it.
There are some very large pictures and a bit of equipment to view.
And, more important, one can talk with Hans Nyberg, Aldo Hoeben,
Michale Quann and several other panorama-enthusiasts. Also there are a
lot of interested passers-bye.

+++++++++

All in all this was a great "Panorama-Week" for me. On Sunday and
Monday there was the IAPP- Meeting in Cologne, where I could listen to
such persons as Michael Westmoreland ( read more at
http://www.medienfrech.de/randgebiete/360_Grad/index.html)  and other
great panographers. And I sat right next to Jook Leung, that's like
sitting next to Eric Clapton is for a guitarist ;-)

On Wednesday and Friday I visited the IVRPA and had again a lot of
interesting talks to other panoramagraphers. All very nice people!
Also there was some new hardware to view at the stands of Seitz and
others. And Realviz presented a new tour-software, called VTour, whicg
is promissing some very smart 3D possibilities for and from Panoramas.

So Cologne was the world headquarter of Panorama this week (and I was
happy to have the chance to participate).

Tom!
Kugelpanorama-Schulungen: http://www.kugelbild.de