Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Oct-02 20:54:00
Subject:Re: Quicktime with ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Quicktime with ? Markus Altendorff 2006-Oct-02 20:54:00
- AYRTON VR - wrote:

> It;s working fine for me
> MAC 10.4.7
> QT 7.1.3
> :-)
> AYRTON
>
> On 02/10/2006, at 15:20, Willy Kaemena wrote:
>
>  > On several entries I got a Quicktime Q in light blues with a
>  > Question mark in the middle ( Safari and Firefox same behavior
>  > Quicktime 7.1)

You may have happened to pick a movie that was in the
process of being uploaded, but that is very unlikely - the
upload is stored in a separate place and only on completion
the data is copied over to the final file. This should take
very little time - we're talking mere seconds here - so the
chance of viewing the page right at that moment is rather
small. Maybe the server was too busy and couldn't assign a
data stream to your request, which would result in 0 bytes
and an abort code being sent instead. In that case,
Quicktime may respond with the pale Q.

As an additional hint, remember that Quicktime uses its own
cache, independent from the web browser. So, if you
re-upload a panorama, the quicktime plugin may yet show you
the old data. Use the Quicktime settings panel (plug-in
section) to delete the QT-internal cache in that case (you
can set it to never cache files on its own there, too).

-Markus