Sender:John Riley
Date/Time:2006-Oct-02 20:16:00
Subject:Re: What is the latest in Auto-Rotation for Full-Screen Panos?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: What is the latest in Auto-Rotation for Full-Screen Panos? John Riley 2006-Oct-02 20:16:00
Scott,

If I recall correctly, the reason QTVR looks choppy with autorotation
is that the VR quality remains on "high" with the sprite rotating
it.  Although I haven't actually done so, from what I understand, you
can use the QSXE component from Totally Hip's Livestage Pro to switch
to "low" quality, then rotate.  That will simulate what happens when
you rotate with the mouse (lower quality on rotation) to smooth
things out.

Of course, this means the user would have to download the QSXE
component, which I believe Apple STILL hasn't made an automatic
download component 8-(  That is a shame as it has many great functions.

John

John Riley
#removed#
#removed#