Sender:Hans von Weissenfluh
Date/Time:2007-Mar-23 17:05:00
Subject:Re: Spherical (or cubic) Panorama without FisshEye possible ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Spherical (or cubic) Panorama without FisshEye possible ? Hans von Weissenfluh 2007-Mar-23 17:05:00
Hi David,

You can make both up and down shots with your Canon camera @ 35mm (35 mm equivalent).
I mean, you need to shot 4 or 5 rows: 12 shots each row in order to cover a full sphere.

Here is an example I made for a church in Genoa, Italy
(choose the third item, "Church of Saint Luke, 360? QTVR photo")
http://www.hvweb.net/

I used a Sony DSC-V1 compact camera @ about 35mm. The down (-90?) shot  was made
adding a long side arm to the top of the tripod, in order to take the legs away from nadir.
For the work I used a Panosaurus panoramic head, about $100 cost.
I made about 120 shots, in order to make two versions, a lighter and a darker one.

Here is a guide to plan your shots, depending on the lens you are using (pages 5-6):
http://www.kaidan.com/pdf/Start_Stitcher.pdf

Hope it helps

Ciao
Hans