Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2007-Jun-21 11:44:00
Subject:Re: quick reminder

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: quick reminder Carl von Einem 2007-Jun-21 11:44:00
Oh yes, a very good point!

I think all other events' shooting periods spanned over a couple of days
before *and* after the actual solstice or equinox, trying to include
also a weekend. It looks to me as if the organisators wanted to
synchronise the timeframe of this event with the Berkeley meeting. This
is IMHO very legitimate and I don't think this "accident" happened on
purpose. This world time conflict is just not easy to see in a calendar
that uses a "standard" time zone, whatever standard means in this case.

I bet if someone actually shot a panorama at the time of the solstice in
his or her time zone, it should be perfectly acceptable. Don and Landis
will shurely put this into account. There is always room for good
arguments. :-)

Carl

Posted by: "Kathy Wheeler"