Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2007-Jun-29 06:57:00
Subject:Re: Community

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Community Markus Altendorff 2007-Jun-29 06:57:00
--- In #removed#, Chas & Chris Adlard <cadlard@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I uploaded the large and small panoramas for "Community", then decided
> to change the starting view. I've deleted the first versions and
> uploaded the new ones, but the old ones are still showing in the
> preview. Have I done something wrong or is there a refresh function or
> something?
> Thanks, Chas.

That's usually the web browser's cache (or, also a likely culprit, the Quicktime Plugin
cache).

If you clear the browser's cache, and yet the old version still shows up, you need to go to
the Quicktime settings control panel. There's an additional "clear quicktime cache" button.
After that, the new panorama should show up as expected.

If replacing the old version on the server had failed, you'd have gotten an error message
while uploading. If "file copied..." is shown, it has worked OK and the browser is just not
getting the hint :)

-Markus