Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Aug-16 03:12:00
Subject:Re: wwpano expired?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: wwpano expired? Pat Swovelin 2007-Aug-16 03:12:00
On 8/15/2007 5:48 PM, G. Donald Bain rambled on about ...:
> On Aug 15, 2007, at 3:38 PM, yuval levy wrote:
>
>> The current owner seems to be letting it expire as
>> well, which means that the address does not generate
>> enough traffic to be of interest to him (those
>> vultures make money on people's clicks on their
>> ad-laden placeholder webpages).
>
> Useful information, thanks.
>
> I may seek authorization to use wwp.berkeley.edu and
> worldwidepanorama.berkeley.edu. Comments on that?

Yes, it's not necessarily a good idea because those sub-domains tie the
project to UC Berkeley and they're merely a server (thank you so much!!)
but not a part of the project per se.  *NO* offense intended to the good
folks at UC Berkeley, they have been and are great supporters of the
project.  Yes I realize that WorldWidePanorama.com redirects to the UC
Berkeley server but the domain name in and of itself is separate from
the confines of UC Berkeley and the UC system itself.

It seems that it's better to concentrate your efforts in getting brand
name recognition of WorldWidePanorama.com than it is to spread your
efforts across multiple domain names.

Or not.

Barring any of that what would be the advantage be in getting those 2
sub-domains?  How would they help the project?

> Don

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large