Sender:Luca Vascon
Date/Time:2004-Dec-20 13:49:00
Subject:Re: Lisbon planned WWP submission

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Lisbon planned WWP submission Luca Vascon 2004-Dec-20 13:49:00
For me, the whole city is a sanctuary.
Do not go the night alone in Alfama or in Gra?a with the camera visible on
you.
You have a sanctuary there... la Pasteleria de Bel?m. Food is a very
important and holy thing in Portuguese culture, and sharing the food in a
pooblic place, just go and eat or take something tugether is a common thing.
That's why it is cheap. Just take o Eletrico till Sao Jeronimo, and get down
the stop before the Monastry, I 'd panoramize a quite empty room, with the
very morning sun.
Just nearby the table, with two Bel?m cakes (ony one is quite impossible)
and a coffee! Ask uma bica, is quite better than Italian Espresso.
In Saturday night you can find a very nice bookshop that is opened till 1.00
AM, with relaxing rooms and bar inside. Its name is Ler Devagar, you find it
in the high part of the City, over another SANCTUARY, the Brasileira bar,
with the Statue of Fernando Pessoa, drinking coffee within the common
tables.
If you want a CHURCH, please rent a car and go north, in a town called
Batalha. Get in and remember to breath sometimes.
It is the most wonderful and forgotten piece of Manuelin Gothic.
Cheers to you, to the ocean and to the wind.
Drink a Gingia for me in Cal?ada dos Restouradores.
Luca-who-left-a-piece-of-heart-in-Portugal.