Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2008-Oct-10 16:04:00
Subject:Re: linking to the site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: linking to the site G. Donald Bain 2008-Oct-10 16:04:00
On Oct 10, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Robert Agnel wrote:
> Two questions,
> 1) should I continue to use http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp908/html/RobertAgnel....
> as the link to my submissions ?
> 2) will the links from previous events point to the new server ?

Very good questions, we all need to know this.

The answer is not yet determined. We hope to have a painless
migration, where the old site references get transparently sent over
to the new location. That way all the old links will still work.

When officially launched (maybe somewhat before) the new site
addresses will be exactly the same except the geoimages.berkeley.edu
part will become worldwidepanorama.org. We will let you know when it
is okay to start using the new versions.

Referring all the traffic from the old server to the new one depends
upon the cooperation of the Berkeley hostmaster (who has authority
over everything coming through berkeley.edu) and the computer manager
in the geography department. Things look good so far.

Don