Sender:Michael
Date/Time:2008-Nov-14 09:25:00
Subject:Re: false claims

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: false claims Michael 2008-Nov-14 09:25:00
Hello,

I want to confirm that Yuval is right here. I apologize for not being
precise in my wording. There had been disagreements and compromises
before in the Task Force. Therefore I want to stress that the decision
of excluding Carsten was an immediate one, but it was not surprising,
not even for Carsten himself.

The main point is, that Yuval had established the advisory group of
the Task-Force on a basis of trust in his way to approach the ZKM
together with the members of the ZKM-F list (trusting Yuval). Carsten
disagreed, which is his good right. After all, taking individual
action (and being aware of thus leaving the ZKM-F group) was the only
thing for Carsten left to do. Certainly the WWP list is the place to
deal with another proposal to cope with the ZKM case. On the other
hand I doubt if it was a good idea to publish an information on the
open wwp list which originally was meant to address the somehow
protected group of the ZKM-F and contains information which is derived
from the group as such. There are far more than hundred members in the
ZKM-F and they have accepted the rules like stated by Yuval, but the
general wwp-list public has not. More than that, we are talking about
copyright infringement issues here and steps to take, being aware,
that the infringer is probably receiving all information from this
public wwp-list as well.

Anyhow, the law is the law and I'm sure, they await for long the legal
steps that are so clear after german laws. The ZKM has a weak position
and the only hope they have is our uncertainty and disagreement. It
won't help them. Let's wait - no, take action - and see who is
laughing best in the end.

Yours,
Michael

--- In #removed#, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>  > Carsten has been excluded immediately from the Task-Force
>  > and Friends-List. He has no other choice to inform WWP members about
>  > this and to open up for an additional approach.
>
> He has not been excluded immediately. The story has been going on for
> months, and compromises have been made to try to accomodate him. He has
> broken his own committment to those compromises. When he initiated
> unilateral action, discussion of his text had just started in the
> task-force. With his unilateral action he has actively undermined the
> task-force and it has been previously discussed that such behavior
> warrants expulsion. All of this is well documented in the task-force
> archives, mostly in German.
>
> Carsten indeed had many choices:
>
> He could have discussed civilly in the task-force. Preempting a
decision
> that does not suit him is unacceptable.
>
> Being a task-force member and firing on it from the outside at the same
> time is not acceptable either. He could have resigned from the
> task-force, and even this does not justify spreading the dirty laundry
> in public.
>
> Last but not least, membership in ZKM-Friends has conditions attached,
> as laid out in <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/9713>.
> Not everybody subscribes to those conditions, and it is their right.
> They can even change their mind mid-course and leave the group. But it
> still does not justify spereading the dirty laundry in public.

(...)