Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2010-Jan-11 11:57:00
Subject:Re: amazing weather photo - extremely off-topic reply

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: amazing weather photo - extremely off-topic reply Carl von Einem 2010-Jan-11 11:57:00
Posted by: "Richard Chesher"

> Is there some way to get an abridged summary of emails without having to
> fill up my inbox with this kind of stuff?

Sure, just have a look at your personal settings for the group (i.e. go
to <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/>, log in, click "Edit
Membership"), it's called "daily digest" and you can have it in
different flavours: with all the formatting bells and whistles or as
plain ascii text files.

The disadvantage about digests is that your part of the conversation
naturally will be delayed a little bit. Take my response as an example.

> I would really like to continue as a member of this yahoo group but not if
> everyone goes on and on about things that have nothing to do with the topic.
> Can we PLEASE stick to panoramic photography????????

You ask others to stick to common netiquette rules while you take the
liberty to ignore the rules yourself. No need to shout here or step on
your '?' key. Can you also please edit your replies so that only the
relevant parts of former messages hit my mailbox? Thanks. And I receive
the digest, so your 'behaviour' is more annoying to me than interesting
side subjects from others that hit this group from time to time.

I'm aware that you're not the only one who fills up messages with
unneeded ballast, so please don't take that personally.

> Richard Chesher

btw (and completely off topic): I enjoyed the poem. A lot.

Cheers,
Carl