Sender:Michel Thoby
Date/Time:2013-Sep-18 07:30:00
Subject:Re: theta 360 review

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: theta 360 review Michel Thoby 2013-Sep-18 07:30:00
Le 17 sept. 2013 ? 13:48, Jeffrey Martin a ?crit :

> Hi, sorry for the cross posting.
>
> if you're curious about the theta 360, here is a review and demo / unboxing video I made.
>
> http://blog.360cities.net/theta-360-review/
>
> if you want to know more, please feel free to email me directly :)
>
> Jeffrey

The review is excellent and informative. Can't wait for the next chapter.
What do you think of the absence of panoramic video recording ability? Many reviewers miss such a feature when they look at the hefty price.
BTW you wrote:  "The Theta 360 will cost $399 when it goes on the market next month (October 2013) in North America and Europe". The price is announced at ?399 (EUROS!) for the Europeans when pre-ordering.

Yet it seems impossible to switch to Fullscreen mode to view the bier-series panoramas on the iPad in their full glory:(
The bottom of the screen is presently obscured by a wide green colored Ricoh advertisement and I did not find how to get rid of it. It is probably hiding the control buttons (if there are buttons). Moreover finger-pinch zooming on the iPad doesn't work or it is disabled in this forced non-fullscreen mode. By contrast, all buttons (of a Flash version of the viewer) are accessible when viewing these panos on the big monitor of my iMac at the same URL address.

Michel