Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2015-Mar-20 01:11:00
Subject:Re: Two weeks to go, how about a preview of the new site?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Two weeks to go, how about a preview of the new site? G. Donald Bain 2015-Mar-20 01:11:00
Looks very good, to the limited extent I can appreciate it - poor bandwidth here, in a campground near Key West, Florida. I click one link then wait five minutes for a new page to appear.

I appreciate that you (Markus) have made a lot of ?under the hood? improvements and updates. Clearly a major effort and very important.

What I don?t see is a clear dichotomy at the top level between the WWP as an ongoing participatory event, and the WWP as a large and important archive. Maybe the site should begin with the question ?what is the World Wide Panorama?, then answer it with a fork to the two different sections, the ?archive" for non-panographers to browse, and "how to participate" information for potential contributors.

But I shouldn?t even bring that up right now, I won't be able to continue the conversation until I get home in three or four weeks.

I should be able to contribute something for ?weather? as I have been through a great variety in the last three weeks, from freezing fog on the Edwards Plateau of Texas, to tropical heat and humidity in the Everglades swamp of south Florida.

Don