Sender:Aldo Hoeben
Date/Time:2005-Jan-21 20:36:00
Subject:Re: Warning about Shockwave

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Warning about Shockwave Aldo Hoeben 2005-Jan-21 20:36:00
> I just downloaded the Macromedia shockwave pluging to view the second
> VR and guess what, it installs a Yahoo tooolbar as well as spyware. Be
> warned. I will not using shockwave again because of this.

In all honesty, the Yahoon toolbar does *not* spy on you, and the
Shockwave installer asks you if it should install the toolbar or not
(ie: you obviously 'opted in'). Having said that, you are right, that
Yahoo toolbar thing stinks.

The mac version of Shockwave is blissfully unaffected by the deal
between Yahoo and Macromedia

'do