Sender:Alex Makienko
Date/Time:2005-Jan-24 04:45:00
Subject:Re: North/Eastern WWP celebration. Was Re: Were you never a novice yourselves when you started ?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: North/Eastern WWP celebration. Was Re: Were you never a novice yourselves when you started ? Alex Makienko 2005-Jan-24 04:45:00
> Isn't it through the user interface that the user
> (including newcomer) access the information?

Yuv, to access the information you have to have the information itself
first. My point is that for newcomer who joins the mailing list today all
the information posted before might not be available at all or available
only on the web page of the newsgroup where it is absolutely non-structured,
non-filtered and messy . Please try to find there an advice 'how to get QTVR
full-screened properly on any machine and on any screen size?'. It was a
real advice posted ~6 months ago. I doubt if someone would be happy spending
hours to dig out such a simple answer. It is much easier to send the
question to the newsgroup again and again. And we have almost the same
questions almost every month - how to embed QTVR into HTML, what camera and
what software is ihe best to begin etc. All the information on the message
board available to the member independently when he joins. And it is much
more flexible. Open the "room", say, "Pano School" and we may share our
various experience in much more efficient way - it will stay there for a
long time and will not disappear in the "black hole".

By the way, most of the forum scripts allow you to subscribe for a reply
messages and to get these messages as email. So this is not a big deal to
arrange an interface according to your preferences. :-)

Cheers,
Alex