Sender:Alex Makienko
Date/Time:2005-Mar-14 19:26:00
Subject:Re: Just curious

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Just curious Alex Makienko 2005-Mar-14 19:26:00
koottours wrote:

> If our schedules allow for our participation we should accept the
> challenge and
> convey an aspect of our lives to the world.........

> I too live in Canada and my village is quite small and quiet at this time
> of year.
> However, I do not look upon this as a negative thing.

Generally I agree with you. Any theme is a challenge and makes us to think
and find a solution. It's a good school for photographer and I would say
that in terms of our community I do not see any negative sides of this
particular theme. But if we really want to expand our vision to non-VR world
and wish not just to improve our skills and exchange ideas with each other
but also to attract audience to the VR art and show how different our world
is, how unique is each place where each of us live, how unique are the
people around us - we may probably want to widen a choice to make each event
most impressive and spectacular.

If you take a look at the previous events you may see that over 90% of
participants understand each theme straightforward. I wouldn't analyze the
reasons but I think there is a whole bunch. And narrow time frame definitely
is one of them. For example - farmers demonstrations against government
policy here in Ontario might fit the theme "marketplace" also and it is a
good and scenic subject for pano. But I am not really sure that the time
frame allows me to be at the right place in the right time. It might be too
far from me or not to take place these days at all. So I have to find a
simplest backup solution if I want to participate the event. And sometimes
it's really sad if you cannot show your best because of very limited
choice...

Alex