Sender:simonmag04
Date/Time:2005-Mar-23 13:24:00
Subject:Re: market in Aarhus - Nikon D70 / Peleng 8mm

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: market in Aarhus - Nikon D70 / Peleng 8mm simonmag04 2005-Mar-23 13:24:00
Hi Tom,
I have been using a peleng for sometime. My 'Vic' Market in the
latest wwp was shot with a D70 + peleng. For the price, it's not a
bad lens. It's worst attributes are flare and it's poor connection
to the camera (it can unscrew easily from the body as it doesn't
lock on). Have to set aperture, focus & shutter speed manually which
isn't a really a problem with test shots and histograms,  just less
convenient. I always set aperture to f8. The Sigma is really the
only other affordable alternative but then that has it's own minor
problems.
Hope this helps,
Simon Maguire