Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Mar-31 23:55:00
Subject:Re: PatchworkPlace

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: PatchworkPlace Erik Krause 2005-Mar-31 23:55:00
On 31 Mar 2005 at 17:16, Caroling Geary wrote:

> Can you say more? I don't see how discrete cube faces would help.

...they won't help...

> There
> are two panos that I remember in the Marketplace that are made of 6
> flat faces. If they were corrected to a sphere, the images would become
> distorted. If the Patchwork "is not difficult at all", would it be easy
> to explain how to do it? That is, starting with  many photos. Then what?

I would use PTGui, load the photos as normal and arrange them in the
pano editor to my need. Then create panorama (no control points, no
optimization) as single TIFFs without feather, layering them in
photoshop and painting the masks. Just the same what I do with a
'normal' pano...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation: