Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2005-Apr-01 21:55:00
Subject:Re: That took a bit longer this time.....

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: That took a bit longer this time..... G. Donald Bain 2005-Apr-01 21:55:00
Bob, and everyone else,

I can tell that you are all looking through the panoramas from the way
our local network is slowing down! The server has lots of extra
capacity, but the network connection is not optimal, there is a
bottleneck between my building and the campus backbone.

Yes, it has been an amazing project, thanks to everyone. Assembling it
this time went very easily, thanks to Markus' brilliant preparation
server. Also Landis put in untold hours answering questions and solving
problems.

We (all of us) now have two tasks before us:

- Help publicize the web site, with your friends, local media, any
contacts you might have. Bringing VR photography to the attention of a
wider audience is one of the main goals of the WWP project. Link to it
from your site, ask friends to link to it from their sites.

- Start thinking about the next event!  It will be June 17-20 for the
Solstice. Weather should be favorable worldwide. The theme will be
simply "water".  I see endless interesting possibilities. We had a lot
of new participants in this event, and I hope for even more in June.
Each one teach one...

The site will be rebuilt in the next hour to fix some glitches, then
the preparation server will be open briefly (by appointment, contact
Landis) for last minute changes.

Don
G. Donald Bain
Director, Geography Computing Facility