Sender:raybroussard
Date/Time:2005-Aug-31 17:23:00
Subject:Re: Katrina

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Katrina raybroussard 2005-Aug-31 17:23:00
Thanks Landis. Yes, we are evacuated and safe in Houston.

Our house is close to one of those levees that busted. The busted levee that flooded our house was caused, it seems, by a construction barge, that was sitting next to one of those bridges under construction, like in my 'water' pano. The contractor has been very irresponsible during that bridge's construction and I bet they didn't tie up that barge good enough - my guess. New Orleans used to be the most interesting city in the US.

No one has offered me any assignments yet, but at this time I can only be reached by email (and I'm barely online) because Sprint cell phones from the damage areas don't work even though we are not actually in the damage area anymore.

Ray Broussard
http://www.PhotographicVR.com/
http://www.MaritimeNewMedia.com/

From: Landis <#removed#>
Date: 2005/08/31 Wed AM 11:25:38 EDT
To: WWP List <#removed#>
Subject:  Katrina

I have a sister who lived in Gautier, just east of Biloxi,
Mississippi.  I know that she and her kids got out to Florida before
the hurricane came through.  I haven't heard, but the news doesn't
look good for her house or cats that were left behind.

Ray Broussard has contributed to all 6 of the World Wide Panorama
events.  He is a resident of New Orleans and his website says that
his family is safe, but his house is gone.

Ray, I hope you get plenty of work in the coming days and wish you,
your family, and your fellow refugees the best.  Our thoughts are
with you.

Ray's panorama for Bridges was a sandbagged bridge over a hurricane
levee (http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp904/html/RayBroussard.html).
I guess it's a good thing that we've already done the Water event -
I'll bet our friends in the south are fairly tired of that subject by
now.

-Landis

------
The World-Wide Panorama