Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2005-Sep-11 19:46:00
Subject:Re: QT minumim download 32 MB?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QT minumim download 32 MB? Robert C. Fisher 2005-Sep-11 19:46:00
I did a search for the 6.5 installer for windows and the QT 6.5.2
version is 24 MB, why is QT7 32 MB? INstead of putting all of the bells
and whistles into the QT download there should be a QT Basic that's
5-10MB max. If you really want HD and all the other cool trinkets then
the larger download is for you.

I just persuaded a new client to use Quicktime for a VR tour. The
previous tour, which was a BeHere VR tour, was VERY popular with her
clients. She wanted to update the tour and couldn't find the guys who
did it before, they wouldn't return her calls, so she calls me and it
was an easy sell because the QT quaility was sooo much better. So now I
want to include the link to windows download but at 32MB that's a hard
sell! So I think I'm going to include the QT5 and QT7 links so surfers
have a choice.

On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:08 PM, philip109761 wrote:

> Hi
>
> There are many people trying to make a living out of QTVR and I
> think
> all those involved in this area should post a similar letter on the
> Apple site.
> Perhaps Apple will then bring out a version of QT specifically for
> QTVR users.
>
> There is a link for QT5 - windows(9.5Mb)
>
> Phil - thinkinteractive
>
> On 11 September 2005 17:32 Mahmood Rashid wrote -
> Apple should come out with a QTVR player
> -------------------
> On 11 September 2005 12:28 Hans Nyberg wrote -
> Quicktime 7 is a catastrophy.
> Increasing the download size from 11.7 mb to 32 mb is an insult
> against
> people who have built a business based on Quicktime.
> On 11/9-2005, at 14.21, Erik Krause wrote:
>
> seems as if the minimum download of QuickTime is 32 MB now. If this
> is true, they must have gone completely mad at apple.com

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography