Sender:jeffrey
Date/Time:2005-Oct-09 17:52:00
Subject:Re: The Library of Congress Panorama Collection

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: The Library of Congress Panorama Collection jeffrey 2005-Oct-09 17:52:00
Yes me too :-D I'm looking for a high-rez photo of the stalin statue
in prague -- it was the largest statue of stalin ever made, 30 meters
tall!!! Ridiculous! Even more ridiculous, it only lasted for about 6
years before being demolished!

There's now a giant metronome where stalin was. But I want to put him
back, at least virtually!

Jeffrey

Message: 10
  Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Bostjan Burger <#removed#>

I had the similar idea of finding the same place where was taken a
photo 60 years ago, shot the pano and then inserted the old photo into
present time panorama. Like the idea of the "window into the time"...
I visited some museums with the photo archives and spent some weeks
just looking old photos and georeferenced the suitable ones. Some of
the idea was realized for the WW2 project:
http://ww2panorama.org/panoramas/ljubljana

However, I am still looking for the best way how to realize the idea
with the higher quality... as the theme of WW2 was quite sensitive I
decided to try the same way with images from 90 years ago.