Sender:Sacha Griffin
Date/Time:2005-Nov-19 15:08:00
Subject:RE: O.T. accessible pop-up code

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: O.T. accessible pop-up code Sacha Griffin 2005-Nov-19 15:08:00
Sure, for small windowed pop-ups, you wouldn't WANT them indexed or at
least additional resize code in the pop-ups. But what about full-screen
pages? These are pop-ups too. If you have content on your full screen
pages, such as panoramas.dk. Then search engines are going to have a
problem indexing them, unless you provide other means of entry via an
href tag. On my panorama page http://www.southern-digital.com/pano.html
I use standard pop-ups and an href around the thumbnail to the
quicktime full screen page. So if you click the qtvr full screen icon,
the page opens without buttons, and address bars etc, but if you click
the image, it still has it all. And that is just for SEO, and it made a
big impact. Having high-rez panoramas and not having a full screen link
is a shame. You lose the ability to imagine you are there, if you wrap
everything logos, text etc especially on small monitors. And
considering, 98% of users will never zoom, there's alot of details they
will never see.

> > Ease is a minor advantage. The largest advantage is for SEO.
> > Search engine optimization.
>
> Yes, that's right...  But once a again the you have to issue to deal
with if
> a user enters the specified page (which should normally pop-up).
Should then
> the whole window be resized?
>
> For my part, that's why I didn't use pop-ups at www.zermatt360.ch.
You then