Sender:jeffrey
Date/Time:2005-Dec-31 22:31:00
Subject:Re: next event - suggestion - LOCAL CUSTOM

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: next event - suggestion - LOCAL CUSTOM jeffrey 2005-Dec-31 22:31:00
it doesn't say, though, *where* they hit them... :-PPP

Message: 7
  Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:01:18 +0100
  From: Markus Altendorff <#removed#>

jeffrey wrote:
> I like the past events because they were simple enough to cover any
> kind of photo. i.e. MARKETPLACE let me shoot fishnet stockings which
> I'm always enthusiastic about.
>
> How about CUSTOM as an event theme? AKA local custom, ritual, etc. In
> czech republic at christmas time for example they are beating fish to
> death on the street. it's fantastically barbaric. that's a local
> custom! (You can also read about easter if you want. i'd say it here
> but no one would believe me :-)

You're not, perchance, referring to the last paragraphs of
that description of easter holiday traditions...?

http://www.radio.cz/en/html/holiday.html

I'll admit that while i tend to believe that there's always
someone willing to do even the oddest things out of
tradition, i'd not have guessed THAT... :)

-Markus

--

www.panopticpictures.com - Spherical VR Photography / Virtual Tours