Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2006-Jan-10 10:34:00
Subject:Re: Journey 150m over Hamburg / Germany

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Journey 150m over Hamburg / Germany Carl von Einem 2006-Jan-10 10:34:00
Willy,

now I know what company you're working for, I saw a familiar logo on
your helmet ;-)
I used the very same technique for my "best of 2005", with the big 8mm
Nikkor (make sure you have a strong grip at your equipment...) and a
little less problems at the "nadir". Ok, your platform was less stable
than mine.

btw Bernd was using a bigger platform than you had avvailable so he
could have also used the tower technique that is used by e.g. Markus
Matern and Luca Vascon where they virtually get rid of the platform:
hold the camera over the net and slightly aim downwards to catch the
nadir. Do such shots every few steps around the platform. For the zenith
shot you'd better take a clear blue sky (take that one back at the
ground). With this kind of ballon a panorama has been done in Berlin
some time ago.

Carl

From: Willy Kaemena <#removed#>