Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2006-Jan-18 00:27:00
Subject:Re: Viewing VR on mobile devices

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Viewing VR on mobile devices wardnet2001 2006-Jan-18 00:27:00
--- In #removed#, "Luca Vascon" <#removed#> wrote:

> I use intensively an unfortunate game console called Tapwave Zodiac.
> Having a 3d graphic engine panoramas are smooth and perfect.
> You must have Kinoma player 3 EX.
> P.s.
> It is a PALM based board, has a GOOD screen and you can use it both
portrait
> and landscape.

Hi there

I've got a Tapwave Zodiac as well, and the Kinoma Player. It plays
QTVR's well enough for a device like this, being a Palm device. I
would recommend the Kinoma Player. I've got a 1GB SD card for it so I
could have hundreds of QTVR's in my pocket. There doesn't seem to be a
way of organising them in folders though, Kinoma Player just lists
them all in one long list - inconvenient. Its a fun toy, but I can
show examples to the curious. Plays cubics and object movies. Its a
fair PDA as well. I can also WiFi connect to the internet and
sometimes read this list on it.

I'd like to try out a Windows based PDA as well and try the
Immervision applet, but have not had an opportunity. There seems to be
more photo based useful(?) tools for Windows PDA's, though you cant
really do much with small powered PDA's. Pocket Phojo looks
interesting, http://www.idruna.com/pocketphojo.html

You'd definitely want to choose a PDA with as big a screen as possible.

Bill