Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Feb-27 12:20:00
Subject:Re: Border Contemplations

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Border Contemplations Caroling Geary 2006-Feb-27 12:20:00
When reading your examples, I'm wondering what exactly you are
thinking of. Perhaps the question is if the panorama communicates the
edge, the feeling of the border that you have in mind.

I wonder how far the words in the description can go to get that
meaning across. Like your nice sunset description could say that the
time is the border between night and day. Or it could say that the
sun position marks the border between earth and sky. Or it could say
both.

You could put an arrow and label the border(s) in the pano, to
emphasize it. But that could be distracting.
Hmm, it might be entertaining to take a random image and find all the
borders in it. How many kinds of borders can we identify? Like this
thought is bordering on the absurd, but might also be on the edge of
discovery.

On Feb 27, 2006, at 5:38 AM, b_dohrmann wrote:

> Now, how far we can go ? I'm thinking about a weather-borderline, a
> mud flats is a borderline, a nice sunset is a borderline ...
>
> So, how far we can go ?

Caroling Geary
www.wholeo.net