Sender:Landis Bennett
Date/Time:2006-Mar-30 16:30:00
Subject:Re: confusing panorama size hints

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: confusing panorama size hints Landis Bennett 2006-Mar-30 16:30:00
> The "Dimensions and file sizes" page
> (http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/Sizes.html) says:
>
> "We recommend your standard size panorama be viewed at 570 pixels wide
> (570 by 320 for example)"
>
> I copied those values and made my qtvr. When filling the fields on the
> preparation server it said:
>
> Size of panorama display: 580(W) x 350(H)
> "Please consider leaving those values at their default. By
> maintaining a
> consistent look for the page, the visitors do have an easier time
> browsing
> the site."
>
> It would make better sense to have both pages display the same sizes.

It probably would.  It's mostly a difference in style.  I generally
prefer to set my sizes to 570 x 320 as that's the same aspect ratio
as HDTV and movie screens (16x9).  And I think Markus prefers 580 x
350 to get a little more real estate.  We'll work it out and agree on
one set of numbers.  Thanks for picking this up.

-Landis