Sender:Landis Bennett
Date/Time:2006-May-02 18:30:00
Subject:Re: 6 feet overhead

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: 6 feet overhead Landis Bennett 2006-May-02 18:30:00
>>  On 02/05/2006, at 7:21 AM, Roger Howard wrote:
>>> thousands of people gathered closely in one area is always a
>>> good  subject for photography, and being able to loft a pano rig
>>> about 6  feet overhead makes for a great view!
>>
>> ... and I'd love to see a picture of that (you and your lofted rig
>> at  work in the crowd) too! Make an interesting side-note to the
>> lengths  we sometimes go to to get that panoramic image viewpoint.
>
> Ok, the panos are all batching right now.. until then, here's a
> partial pano for you, from about 12 feet above the street:
>
> http://www.rogerroger.org/image/563

Not quite at the same level (either skill or altitude) but I just did
my first over the head monopod shot over this past weekend.  It
actually worked out a bit better than expected.  Still have some
issues to address, but I'm on my way.  Next time I'll make sure
someone gets a photo of me doing it.

Perhaps I'll work on a new technique for Gardens!

http://www.360geographics.com/blog/

-Landis