Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2004-Jun-11 19:11:00
Subject:Re: WWPano

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWPano G. Donald Bain 2004-Jun-11 19:11:00
Brian,

This is certainly a valid issue. Here in the US there have been cases
where local groups have opposed designation of an area as a national
park, or even just a federal wilderness area, because it would bring in
hordes of strangers. Every summer I see people touring the West,
connecting the dots -- i.e. the dark green national park areas on their
map.

You can mention access in the caption to your pano on the WWP site, and
explain further on your own site. Plus link to their official web site.

One of the great things about VR tours is that so many people can enjoy
and learn from a place, without actually going there. This is worth
suggesting to the authorities when requesting permission -- virtual
visitors don't even leave foot prints.

Don