Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2006-Jul-06 23:04:00
Subject:Re: Proud to be part.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Proud to be part. Pat Swovelin 2006-Jul-06 23:04:00
Alex Makienko wrote:
> Pat Swovelin wrote:
>
>> I think it would pull traffic away from the WWP site itself and should
>> be discouraged....
>
> Pat, statistics on my web sites show that visits referenced from the
> WWP web site are just a few per cent of all the traffic. I am quite
> sure that there are more visits from my web sites to the WWP than in
> the opposite direction. The same will be with a web ring for sure. I
> believe that almost every web site of WWP participants has a link to
> WWP so all the ring will focus on the WWP. And of course the ring
> might not be a WWP subset, I didn't propose it within the WWP project...

My concern is that it's a ring and rings go around things and that's
what I was trying to prevent (i.e., going around the WWP vs. TO it).
Rings are by their very nature designed to take the site visitor from
ring-point to ring-point directly with the next/previous links and never
go outside of the ring itself much less across the ring (where the WWP
would be).  Sure you can go anywhere in the ring structure but my
experience is that people move along it continuously vs. jumping from
ring-point to ring-point.

> Alex

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large