Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Aug-07 18:01:00
Subject:Re: inserting 3d objects into a panorama

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: inserting 3d objects into a panorama Markus Altendorff 2006-Aug-07 18:01:00
thinnairstudios schrieb:

> Hello Friends,
>
> Some time ago I saw a post from someone on this list who did a
> panorama of an old church. It was a project where they were going to
> re model the building. The photographer inserted modeled furniture
> into the pano. I believe the church was a very old building that was
> saved from destruction by the community and turned into a library. The
> pano was used to show what the building would look like after it was
> remodeled. The building was in Europe.
>
> Can anyone recall this post or perhaps know what I am talking about. I
> was thinking it was in the "sanctuary" event. I have searched the list
> and can not find it.
>
> I am trying to find ways of doing this with empty spaces.
>
> Any help appreciated in finding this post.

Hi, i think it was this (from Best of 2005):

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp1205/html/AndrzejHara...

The easiest way to do this is to create a sphere in a 3D
software, map the panorama to the sphere and use a camera at
the center of the sphere.
In order to get the shadows etc. right, you'd have to at
least partially rebuild the original geometry, but still
using the same texture projection as with the sphere. But
that's something depending on your 3D software.

Not exactly how to work with interiors, but just to give a
general idea how to make 2D backgrounds work within 3D space:

http://www.3dfluff.com/cameramapping/cameramappingtut.htm

-Markus