Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Jun-21 09:04:00
Subject:Re: Coming back from Myanmar

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Coming back from Myanmar Hans Nyberg 2004-Jun-21 09:04:00
on 21/06/04 6:49, Sven Hafner #removed# wrote:

> I wonder why not a single site in Myanmar (or Burma) is listed in the
> UNESCO page. There are plenty of famous places like Bagan with over
> 1000 of stupas. Does anyone knows about this ?
There are a several reasons for NOT being listed on the Unesco list.
First  your site could get so famous that  the place could be destroyed by
tourism.
Which is the opposite of what you want with the list.

Second. You can not aford it. Being on the World Heritage list means that
you commit yourself to certain rules.
And that could cost you a lot of money. Do not believe you get it from
UNESCO.

Remember, to get on the list you have to apply for it.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi