Sender:caroling
Date/Time:2007-Jun-19 18:17:00
Subject:Re: "playpen" translation

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: "playpen" translation caroling 2007-Jun-19 18:17:00
I looked up "enfant bed" and it isn't quite right. The enclosure in my pano is
about 6 meters square. It is two modular "playpens" put together. It is on the
rug in the living room. The twins don't sleep there, so it is not a bed. They do
have beds in their bedroom, as described in the wikipedia. This pen is a fence
really, to keep them from wandering around the house when they play. Also they
are one year old. No longer infants, at least in the USA.

If playpen doesn't work in Russian, I need to say something like "child play
space", maybe? Could you tell me if the problem is that in Russia, people don't
use these enclosures? Or if they do use them, the problem is that it is not
called "playpen"? Maybe I could title it "Child Community Space"?

Of course, looking at the pano it will be obvious and clear what it is. It is
just these words that can be misleading.

--
Caroling, www.wholeo.net