Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Jul-08 01:26:00
Subject:Re: WWP on Linux!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP on Linux! yuval levy 2007-Jul-08 01:26:00
--- michael bajko <#removed#> wrote:
> Kia Ora Yuv!

Hello to New Zealand, Michael!

> I'm interested why you didn't use the Gimp to
> complete your open source community?

my entry is HDR. To my knowledge the Gimp only
supports 8bit. I've tried Cinepaint (a derivative of
the Gimp), but the user interface is awful. I wish I
could use Krita, and the developers have been very
helpful to me, but there was no time and the code is
not ready yet. Krita is likely to become a serious
contender within 18-24 months. Until then, I am afraid
there is no real alternative to Photoshop.

greetings from Canada
Yuv

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/