Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2007-Jul-11 07:50:00
Subject:Re: Late add - ideal location?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Late add - ideal location? Keith Martin 2007-Jul-11 07:50:00
Sometime around 10/7/07 (at 09:10 -0700) Lee Nelson said:

>Probably the most famous location for communities to gather since
>prehistoric times, particularly on the summer solstice, is Stonehenge
>in the English countryside. Check it out at:
>
>http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp607/html/LeeNelson.html

I remember being taken there as a child, long before there were
barriers placed to protect the stones from vandals. I was given a
boost from an adult's shoulders and managed to get on top of one of
the stones lying down inside the main circle. What an amazing,
strange place it is!

(I also remember hitchhiking from London to the last Stonehenge music
festival that was allowed. I think it was in 1985. Wild and weird.
Very, very weird...)

Thanks for this!