Sender:Georgia Real Tours
Date/Time:2008-Jan-12 05:21:00
Subject:Re: Logo creator?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Logo creator? Georgia Real Tours 2008-Jan-12 05:21:00
On 1/11/08, Tom Harper.Name <#removed#> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good program to make the circle logo for the
>  nadir of a 360QTVR?

Corel Paint Shop Pro (far, far, FAR cheaper than photoshop and does
about 98% of what photoshop does.  Also, CorelDraw is very good too.
And not to obvious a choice yet the _least expensive_ (read *FREE*)
graphic editor called The GIMP <http://www.gimp.org/> which is getting
rather close to photoshop is power and has a similarly steep learning
curve.

 OTOH, if you merely want a mirror ball, you'll find it easily done
with photoshop, paint shop pro, or a few of the pano creation
softwares such as Pano2QTVR.  Using your photo editor, it is extremely
easy and fast to create the mirrorball.  I've done it just once
following the instructions below and found it took literally just a
few seconds to accomplish.

Rodolpho Pajuaba gave the following directions:

I don?t have Gimp installed here, but if it handles layers like PS, then
it?s easy:

1- Duplicate the (merged) layer;
2- Select and delete - on the duplicated layer - the part you don?t want
to appear on the pano;
3- Flip it vertically, i.e. make the sky go to the bottom of the image;
4- Bring the "sky" down to the bottom edge of the image, and distort it
bringing the top of the layer just covering the bad nadir;
5- Flatten the image, and it?s done.

Cheers,
Robert Reese~

--