Sender:caroling
Date/Time:2008-May-23 13:40:00
Subject:Re: Globorama - some explanation from Don

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Globorama - some explanation from Don caroling 2008-May-23 13:40:00
I'm glad to get the story but I still can't decide what to do. Reading this I
started to think about the difficulty of the task for all of us, notably the
museum. If even one of the WWP participants says no, or fails to reply, how
would the project be presented? The museum might have to rewrite the software.
The Next and Previous buttons might not work. Or is it set up to just deal with
whatever JPEGs are there?

Have we considered the fair use of the presentation software itself? When they
put our JPEG images on the server, aren't they also putting the WWP engine
itself on their server? Does it have its own copyright? I haven't looked into
this part. At the moment I'm thinking that the reason the museum needs a "whole
group" approval, is that breaking it down into a partial group requires a
different or modified engine.

Having written that, I see they have their own software engine, so I have
no idea how my work is to be presented, unless it would just be the fullscreen
image. I don't know if the titles and words are
included. Our WWP pages aren't just pictures, they are complete reports with
words and optionally sound. Currently I'm thinking that the museum needs to set
up their server with a web aspect, where a participant could see how the work
would be presented. Only then could I make an informed decision about what I
want to submit.
--
Caroling, www.wholeo.net