Sender:Alex Makienko
Date/Time:2008-May-28 13:22:00
Subject:Re: all in one

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: all in one Alex Makienko 2008-May-28 13:22:00
Hi all,

My couple of cents:

Is the Globorama project interesting? Yes, it is. Most of us would be glad
to participate (of course if those guys will respect our rights), BUT...
(see all the discussion above). So the issue is - how to resolve the current
situation. Leave it as is? Definitely not. Too many people and institutions
were involved and too many of them were damaged seriously. I personally do
not see any other choice but to remove all illegally used content from the
Globorama project unconditionally BEFORE ANY NEGOTIATION IS STARTED. But
this will kill the Globorama project or at least may cause very serious
financial problems for them even without a claim from our community. Do they
agree with that? I doubt. I guess that they will fight until the last breath
to avoid doing that. They've already put themselves into the corner and now
there is no exit out of it but only to fight in the court and to win.
Otherwise their careers and reputation might be destroyed. So, folks, get
ready to fight...

Yuv, basically I agree with everything you wrote and would be glad if a
compromise might be found, but I am not very optimistic about the result. I
would be happy if any acceptable for both sides solution is proposed, but I
cannot see any. However I will support any efforts to resolve this issue out
of the court but only after all illegally used content is removed from the
Globorama project. This, in my strong opinion, should be the starting point
of any negotiations, any other solution and condition will mean that we turn
on a green light for any theft in the future.

My opinion does not depend on if they use my images or not.

Cheers,
Alex

PS: And I repeat my previous suggestion to obtain much more clear and
documented evidences of copyright infringements BEFORE we start doing
anything. Otherwise we lose.