Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2008-Jun-05 01:07:00
Subject:Re: History of protecting panoramic VR developers

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: History of protecting panoramic VR developers G. Donald Bain 2008-Jun-05 01:07:00
On Jun 1, 2008, at 10:51 AM, #removed# wrote:

> Looking into the history of WWP, I find that the group rejected a
> previous
> request to use our content. For the intial proposal by VRMag for a
> Fullscreen
> QTVR site, see Don Bain's email of July 16, 2006:

I have received requests for use of WWP material several times. One
just a month or so ago - they suggested that they could do a better
job of presenting the content than the existing site did. The
implication was that I could just give them blanket permission to
relocate and repurpose the images. Of course I always politely tell
them no. Then I rather more forcibly reiterate our policy on
individually held copyright.

It really amazes me that some people just don't get it. We have a
copyright statement in boldface on the home page, again on the "How to
Participate" and "Rules" pages, and there is an individual copyright
notice on every panorama page and fullscreen page. These notices are
in nineteen languages.